Hourensou Garlic Rice Recipe
Cook Time: 15 minutes|
- 1 bunch Chinese spinach, about 6-8 plants (or Western spinach)
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2-3 cups leftover short grain rice, cooked and warm
- olive oil
- chili-infused oil (or homemade habanero garlic oil)
- lemon wedges (optional)
- habaneros (optional)
- garlic (optional)
- Wash, spin and roughly chop the spinach.
- Heat about 2 tablespoons of oil in a large frypan over medium heat (using the chili-infused and regular oil in proportions to taste). Immediately add the minced garlic and let the garlic release its flavour for 30 seconds, without browning it.
- Add in the spinach, spread it over the pan and cook uncovered for a few minutes until the spinach is wilted.
- Turn off heat and add the warm cooked rice. Toss everything together and salt liberally.
- Serve with a wedge of lemon.
Habanero and Garlic Oil
- Chop fresh habaneros and garlic and heating both slowly in a cup of olive oil for about 10 minutes, do not brown.