Orange Cream Cheese Mousse Recipe
Cook Time: 6 hours 30 minutes|
- layer of sponge cake cut into 8 small circles
- 250g cream cheese
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 5 tbsp sugar
- 1/3 pod vanilla (or 1 teaspoon vanilla extract)
- 2 1/2 tsp unflavored gelatin (dissolved in a little bit of water)
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 package orange jello
- Beat the cream cheese and sugar until soft.
- Add in seeds from vanilla pod and lemon juice.
- Add in the dissolved gelatin and beat until everything is thoroughly mixed.
- Separately, whip the whipping cream until stiff peaks form. Then fold it into the cream cheese
- Place the cake layers in molds/cups and pour the mousse on top. Refrigerate until set.
- Prepare the orange jello according to package directions. When the jello has cooled, pour over the mousse and refrigerate.
- Decorate with orange slices and whipped cream then serve.