Greek Dinner Salad Recipe
Cook Time: 15 minutes|
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 cup pepperoncini and/or kalamata olives, plus 1 tablespoon brine from the jar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- kosher salt
- freshly ground pepper
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 hearts romaine lettuce, thinly sliced crosswise
- 1 cup mixed fresh herbs (parsley, dill, mint and/or oregano)
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 large cucumbers, peeled, seeded and cut into chunks
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 12 stuffed grape leaves (from the deli counter)
- Soak the onion in a small bowl of ice water, about 5 minutes.
- In a bowl, whisk the vinegar, pepperoncini or olive brine, garlic, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a large bowl. Whisk in the olive oil in a slow stream until blended.
- Drain the onion and add to the bowl with the dressing.
- Add the lettuce, herbs, tomatoes and cucumbers and toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
- Divide among bowls and top with the pepperoncini and/or olives, feta and stuffed grape leaves.