Asparagus with Fried Eggs and Parmesan Cheese Recipe
Cook Time: 12 minutes|
- 1 bunch asparagus, tough ends trimmed
- 2 tsp olive oil (or butter)
- 4 eggs (or more)
- Parmesan cheese
- freshly ground black pepper
- In large frying pan, bring 1 inch of water with a large pinch of salt to boil.
- Lay asparagus in pan, cover with lid and cook for 2-4 minutes (depending on thickness of spears) on medium heat until just tender. Drain and place asparagus on serving plate.
- Wipe frying pan clean. Heat the olive oil over medium heat.
- When hot, add eggs to pan and fry 2 minutes. Turn heat to low, cover pan and cook an additional 1-2 minutes until egg whites cooked through.
- Slide eggs on top of asparagus. Season with salt and pepper. Shave Parmesan cheese on top with vegetable peeler.